Technical and Industrialization Manager
Our Client, Subsidiary of an American Company, is a Market Leader in value added flexible packaging solutions, serving leading processors, brand owners and retailers across Europe, Middle-East and Africa. Our Client has 4 production sites in Europe (one of the 4 in Belgium), with European headquarters located south of Brussels.
Innovation, Excellence, Passion, quality and respect are the driving forces of our Client’s spirit.
With focus on the development of top quality packaging customized according to its customers’ needs, our client is looking for a:
TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRIALZATION MANAGER (M/F)
Who will be located at the Belgian production site
Part of the management team and reporting to the site manager, the Technical & Industrialization Manager is responsible for translating the products requirements originating from the customers into technical specs, ensuring the feasibility of the production under the customers’ constraints. He is responsible of delivering the operating profit through the improvement of the production process, as well as the industrialization of new products.
- Act as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Supervise and develop the technical team (Methods, pre-press, Development, Quality)
- Ensure application and enforcement of all company policies and procedures (health & Safety; quality; hygiene; HR; etc.)
- Supervise and support the tasks related to the tests, samples and new designs in collaboration with the Sales team and pre-press teams.
- Identify reasons for margin loss and opportunities for margin increase, as well as implement technical corrective actions
- Follow - up of innovation on external technology (machine, materials, pre-press tools) analyze the need and benefit from these innovation in collaboration with the management team.
- Coordinate European initiatives, as well as technology transfers
- Be the point of contact between the Business Development Managers and the plant
- Define production standards and keep them up- to-date in the ERP (used for pricing and costing)
- Provide technical support for the definition and implementation of new CAPEX
- Ensure that the Methods meet group requirements (Security, etc.)
- Drive the continuous improvement of the production by analysing production KPI's and find innovative solutions to optimize these results
- Manage key projects (e.g. installations; plant improvements; upkeep of facility; etc.)
- Promotes a strong safety culture and demonstrates adherence to all Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and fosters our client’s Core Values and actively contributes to a high performance culture.
- Facilitates and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI’s.
- Demonstrates Continuous improvement in safety
- Transfers know-how, shares knowledge
- Keeps close contacts and good collaboration with R & D / Marketing
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Master Degree (preferably Industrial, Civil or Chemical Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in production
- Excellent knowledge of process, materials, finished and semi-finished products
- Fluent in English - French or Dutch is a plus
- Ability to stay up-to-date on technical innovations in products & materials and integrate them into the processes.
- Capacity in Time Management & Priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (listening and communicating) at all levels
- People management skills
- Team player
- Ability to federate people around projects
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Creative, able to think out-of-the-box
Interested by this great job Opportunity? Send your application and resume or call Bernard Steimes +32 475 872 466