Business Compliance Leader EMEA
Our client is a world-leading supplier of combustion products and is part of one of the largest privately held companies in the USA. Its equipments are supplied for applications in various markets with a focus on the refining and petrochemical Industry. The range of products covers burners, flares, thermal oxidizers and vapor recovery systems. The Company is able to develop industry-leading innovations and make strategic acquisitions to offer proven emissions control and clean-air solutions.
The Headquarters for European Operations are located in Dudelange, GD of Luxemburg.
Our Client is expanding its activities and in order to support its European operations, which include offices in Luxembourg, Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, we are looking for a:
BUSINESS COMPLIANCE LEADER (M/F)
Based at the HQ in Luxemburg
who will be based in Dudelange, GD of Luxemburg and who will work closely with the Corporate Headquarters located in the United States. He will report to the Global Compliance Leader, based in USA, and will have a dotted line to the European Business President and to the Managing Director of the Luxembourg office.
The Business Compliance Leader will be responsible for risk assessment and business process mapping, connecting business leadership and employees to compliance risk and controls. The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated and results oriented individual with demonstrated integrity, customer focus and the ability to promote and embrace change. This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, can efficiently multi-task, has superior communication skills, and the ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate for the position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drive, promote and enhance the compliance culture within the business by developing partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Facilitate compliance program management and gap analysis for all applicable subject matter areas.
- Ensure and facilitate annual compliance planning/strategies are linked to corporate vision, assessment of program effectiveness, audit planning and facilitation/coordination, implementation of all corrective actions, training program oversight.
- Assist with internal investigations as well as issue identification.
- Ensure that “Know your Customer” processes and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Provide a high level of customer service to businesses locally and internationally, including global leaders at the corporate headquarters in the United States.
- Must be open to support and a catalyst of change management.
- Corporate Responsibility:
- Conduct daily activities to protect self, fellow employees, contractors and customers from injuries with the understanding that safety is a fundamental expectation of each employee of the Company.
- Continuously strive to eliminate waste and prevent pollution.
- Consciously observe safety guidelines when visiting supplier facilities; wear proper PPE when warranted during supplier expediting visits.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed the quality metric targets in own area of responsibility as defined in ISO 9001.
- Be accountable for continuous improvement activities to enhance customer satisfaction, to ensure that our business processes are effective.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business management, international trade, law or other compliance related discipline from an accredited college or university
- At least five years of direct working experience in Project Management, Sales, Business Development, Legal, or Compliance.
- Past experience and understanding of regulatory requirements in Anti-corruption, Anti-bribery (ex: FCPA, UK Bribery Act), and Anti-Trust
- Past experience and understanding in the US and European international trade regulations including the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs Agency Regulations, Wassenaar Arrangement, the EU control regime, and the US Commerce Control List, trade sanctions, country of origin issues, deemed exports, and free trade agreements
- At least two years of working experience in a leadership or team lead capacity.
- Experience creating process maps, desk procedures or business procedures that have successfully integrated into business processes.
- Experience delivering live training across several groups of an organization and/or facilitating virtual training
- Effective interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication skills whereby enabling a good working relationship with all employees at all levels of the organization
- Travel required up to 25 – 50% of the time.
WHAT MIGHT PUT YOU AHEAD?
- Master’s degree in Risk Management, International Business, International Trade, or Law related field
- Three or more years of experience with regulatory requirements in Anti-corruption, Anti-bribery (ex: FCPA, UK Bribery Act), and Anti-Trust
- Three or more years of experience with US and European international trade regulations including the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs Agency Regulations, Wassenaar Arrangement, the EU control regime, and the US Commerce Control List, trade sanctions, country of origin issues, deemed exports, and free trade agreements
- Past experience in a manufacturing setting or the oil/gas industry
- Understanding of the requirements of Internal Financial and Business Controls concepts
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) Relocation assistance and/or visa sponsorship is being offered for this role.